And this following passage is another one of those New Pacifica Yahoo group emails that I received in my inbox the other day. And those emails are sent by so many people that they can fill up an inbox in an hour if one is not looking. And this email is about full moons, and I found it interesting to repost, as those full moons are one of those amazing mystical, astrological, spiritual and magical events of the world to me where Dracula, witches and the werewolves come out, and as the word lunatic seems to come from lunar, and month from the word moon, that cycle of life:
New Moons and Full Moons often influence us for the 3 days before and 3 days after the actual event.
The Moon is Full at 29º of Scorpio
Monday, May 19, 2008 at 7:12 p.m. PDT
This Full Moon represents the 2nd of two rare consecutive Scorpio Full Moons in a row. Scorpio represents such emotionally intense and complex energy that it takes four symbols to describe and encompass Scorpio’s journey of transformation:
1) Scorpion – stinging itself or stinging others to express power or hide pain
2) Snake – shedding the constricting skin of the past
3) Phoenix – rising from destruction to be reborn
4) Eagle – able to soar higher and see farther than any other bird
It is likely that you are seeing one or more of these archetypal energies at work somewhere in your life. If you have your natal chart, look to where the transiting Moon (29º of Scorpio) and the transiting Sun (29º of Taurus) are located at this time. The issues associated with these houses are very likely where these archetypal energies are being felt the most.
Adding major stress to an already intense Full Moon is a planetary face-off in all four fixed signs (i.e., Sun in Taurus, Moon in Scorpio, Saturn in Leo, and Neptune in Aquarius). This Fixed Grand Cross really ratchets up the intensity, especially if you were born with planets in those signs. This face-off underscores the need to let go, so you can turn some corners. It may feel very unsettling, but it’s a divinely designed reality check guaranteed to increase your awareness of what’s not working. It demands that you face your illusions and peel away some significant layers of “stuckness.” It’s time to change or be changed! So, be ready and willing to move out of your comfort zone. Positive constructive focus is really a key to your sanity now.
On April 20, when the 1st Scorpio Full Moon occurred at 0º, you were called to initiate a process of physical and emotional release in at least two area of your life (i.e., in the houses where. 0º of Scorpio and 0º of Taurus are located in your natal chart). Now this 2nd Scorpio Full Moon occurs at 29º. The 29th degree of any sign is called the “critical” degree of that sign, and it indicates that a phase has come to an end in these areas and a test regarding your mastery of the lessons is being presented. Wherever this Full Moon shines its light in your natal chart tells you where transformation is underway. (If you’d like to know what areas these are, what this means for you, and how to make the most of it, contact Bernie to schedule an appointment for a personal reading.)
The previous Full Moon in Scorpio also provided a 6-month checkpoint for the intentions you seeded at the time of the New Moon in Scorpio on November 9, 2007. Your insights at that time told you where you had more forgiveness and release work to do regarding old hurts and undermining habits. This Full Moon reveals how well you’ve used those insights, what’s still not working, and where completion is now called for.
This “1” year is all about creating a new order and new life. That’s what you’ve been working on for some time. It’s as though the planets themselves are conspiring to kick-start your journey through the birth canal. And the birth process that really began with your intentions for 2008 will culminate at the time of the Summer Solstice (June 21). Before this time, you’ll want to free yourself of as much old excess baggage as possible, and that’s what this Full Moon encourages you to do.
Pluto is now moving in retrograde motion and is hovering at 0º of Capricorn. This reminds you that transformation begins internally and that truly owning your power implies responsibility. Is Capricorn a heavy weight energy? Yes! But Pluto’s retrograde motion through this sign also gives you the opportunity (now and throughout the summer) to explore new methods and tactics. This energy also encourages you to reflect on your long-range goals and the beliefs that will and won’t take you there.
In addition to Pluto, there are three other celestial bodies are about to turn retrograde:
· Chiron turns retrograde on May 25 and stays in retrograde until October 25. This encourages all of us to turn inward and reclaim our hopes and dreams. During this time, healing is likely to be done internally; then, after Chiron turns direct on October 25, our inner lessons will be brought out into the light to be shared with others who will heal from your newly gained wisdom.
· Mercury turns retrograde on May 26 and stays in retrograde until June 19. This backward movement through Gemini will encourage the break up of old mental patterning and foster the reconfiguration of new neural pathways (i.e., new ways of thinking). It is an excellent time to be exposed to new philosophies or thought-processes.
· Neptune turns retrograde on May 26 and stays in retrograde until November 1. This calls for you to turn inward and dream a new dream. Due to turning inward to explore the depths of your psyche, it is often a time when fears will come to the surface in order to be healed. However, it is also a time when your connection to Spirit/your Higher Self can strengthen and you can establish new faith and trust in this connection. Fear versus faith . . . it is a choice!
These two Scorpio Full Moons brought you a double dose of Pluto’s powerful alchemical forces of death and rebirth. However, the Sun in Taurus has lit up both of these Full Moons, meaning you’re also getting a double dose of Venus, which is the ruler of Taurus. And therein lies the key to the successful navigation of these deep turbulent waters. Use and focus on all of Venus’s strengths . . . beauty, grace, and most importantly, love. Taurus highlights your values . . . so make love your highest value. Beauty and grace are sure to follow.
The stem of the word transformation is “trans” meaning change. But the type of transformation indicated by this Full Moon is not like changing your favorite color. It’s deeper and more profound…like the caterpillar becoming a butterfly… a complete metamorphosis.
However, you’re currently in the chrysalis stage. It’s a time when significant endings and new beginnings are occurring. Remember to take care of your body, spend time connecting with nature and the earth, reflect and acknowledge your true feelings, and forgive everyone and everything . . . especially yourself. Then prepare to spread your wings. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly” (Chuang Tse).